|
發表於 2008-8-24 12:12:29
|
顯示全部樓層
原帖由 傑夫仔 於 2008-8-24 11:46 AM 發表 

Cuban taekwondo athlete banned after kicking ref
Latest news from Beijing BEIJING (AP)—A Cuban taekwondo athlete and his
coach were banned for life after Angel Matos kicked the referee in the face
following his bronze-medal match disqualification.
Cuban coach Leudis Gonzalez offered no apology for Matos’ actions during
the men’s over-80 kg (176 pounds) match.
Matos was winning 3-2, with 1:02 in the second round, when he fell to the
mat after being hit by his opponent, Kazakhstan’s Arman Chilmanov. He was
sitting there, awaiting medical attention, when he was disqualified for
taking too much injury time. Fighters get one minute, and Matos was
disqualified when his time ran out.
Matos angrily questioned the call, pushed a judge, then pushed and kicked
referee Chakir Chelbat of Sweden. Matos then spat on the floor and was
escorted out.
“He was too strict,” Gonzalez said, referring to the decision to
disqualify Matos. Afterward, he charged the match was fixed, accusing the
Kazakhs of offering him money.
“This is a strong violation of the spirit of taekwondo and the Olympic
Games. The sanctions are the following and are effective immediately:
Lifetime ban of the coach and athlete in all championships sanctioned by the
(World Taekwondo Federation) and at the same time, all records of this
athlete at the Beijing Games will immediately be erased,” said the
announcer, reading a WTF release.
In his first match, Matos defeated Italy’s Leonardo Basile, then beat China’s Liu Xiaobo 2-1 in the quarterfinals. But he lost to South Korean Cha
Dong-min in the semis to land in the bronze-medal match.
“To me it was obvious he was unable to continue,” Chilmanov said. “His
toe on his left foot was broken.”
Matos won the gold medal in this division at the 2000 Sydney Games,
dedicating the victory to his mother, who died on the day of the opening
ceremony. At the 2004 Athens Games, he finished 11th.
Matos’ tantrum followed a day of confusion on the mats.
Earlier Saturday, China’s double gold medalist Chen Zhong crashed out in
the quarterfinals after initially being declared the winner. It was the
first time a match result had been overturned since taekwondo became an
official Olympic sport in 1990.
點解李建和淨係罰停賽一年咁少  |
|