|
|
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/new ... england&cc=4716
Real Madrid have confirmed Juande Ramos as the new coach of the Primera Liga club, replacing Bernd Schuster who was sacked on Tuesday.
Ramos: Sacked earlier this season by Spurs.
Schuster was widley tipped to get the boot following Saturday's 4-3 loss at home to Sevilla, their third defeat in their last four league games, and the Spanish giants called a press to unveil their new manager on Tuesday afternoon.
Ramos takes control of Madrid with the club languishing in fifth place in the Primera Liga, nine points behind Barcelona, who they face in 'El Clasico' on Saturday night at the Camp Nou.
Ramos first test will come in the Champions League against Zenit St Petersburg on Wednesday night.
The former Sevilla coach has been without a job since leaving Tottenham Hotspur in October, following the Premier League club's worst ever start to the season.
Earlier Real goalkeeper Iker Casillas admitted his side are ''not capable of winning trophies.''
Casillas told radio programme El mirador de Punto Radio: ''At the moment the team isn't capable of winning trophies because Barcelona lead us by nine points and it's true that they're playing well.
''But the season is very long and on top of that...two seasons ago I won the league (at Madrid) when Barcelona had lead us by eight points. We climbed back up and won on the last day.''
Casillas, who is rated as one of the best goalkeepers in the world, was also quick to hold up his hands and take his share of responsibility for Madrid's dismal campaign.
''We are going through a bad run,'' he added. ''Defensively we are vulnerable, and I'm the first. In that sense you can't do much more, since they are runs you are going through.
''At the moment it seems that your opponents will have three chances and score three goals and it's clear that we are all to blame. I have been 10 seasons in the Primera Liga and this, for now, is the worst start I have had.''
In contrast to Los Blancos, Barca have won 11 of their last 12 league games and are unbeaten since the opening day of the season.
They have also seen off the challenge of title contenders Sevilla and Valencia in their last two fixtures while scoring seven goals in the process and conceding just once.
A dejected Schuster seems to have thrown in the towel, with the Madrid coach admitting that ''right now it's not possible to win at the Nou Camp'', but Casillas believes they can take all three points from the highly-charged 'El Clasico'.
''I think we can win in Barcelona,'' he said. ''Those who go there have to think that they will win. We have to really do this badge proud.''
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
唔知點解覺得係一個無奈o既選擇 |
|