|
|
發表於 2010-3-22 22:30:53
|
顯示全部樓層
http://www.the-afc.com/en/afc-cu ... bolster-south-china
Schutz back to bolster South China
Monday, 22 March 2010 20:40
Hong Kong: South China coach Kim Pan-gon is boosted by the return of Brazilian striker Tales Schutz for Tuesday’s must-win AFC Cup meeting with Indonesia’s Persiwa Wamena at Siu Sai Wan Sports Ground.
Kim cited Schutz’s absence as a contributing factor to last week’s 1-0 defeat by VB in the Maldives which left last year’s semi-finalists with just one point from two Group G games.
And despite Schutz (pictured in action for a Hong Kong league select against Jamaica) still not rated as 100% fit following a thigh strain, South China need all the fire power Kim can muster with forward Chan Siu Ki also set to feature despite struggling with a lack of match practice.
“We should get three points. Our situation is not very good but when we are not in a good situation we will play more as a unit and we will get three points,” said Kim.
“All players are in good condition but we can’t score goals. We have to try and score more goals.
“We need Tales’ finishing ability; we need all players who can score even though he is not 100%. Siu Ki is not in the best situation due to not playing very much, but we need all players who can score.”
Defender Gerard Ambassa Guy has also backed the Hong Kong League leaders to triumph in adversity.
“We are always under pressure as a South China player,” he said.
“It is a game we have to win, it doesn’t matter what pressure we are under.”
Persiwa Wamena, who saw last week’s match with Thailand’s Muang Thong United postponed due to the political unrest in Bangkok, twice let slip a lead in their opening day 3-2 home defeat to VB after seeing midfielder Vendry Moro sent-off with 19 minutes remaining.
But despite suffering back-to-back domestic defeats, coach Zaenal Abidin is confident of securing what would still be seen as an upset despite South China’s poor start.
“When I played for the national team of Indonesia I came to Hong Kong 20 years ago. Now we are in Hong Kong to win this game, although our performance in our domestic league is not so good,” he said.
“But the AFC Cup is a chance to bring the Indonesian name to the international level. Our strategy is to play fast with one or two touches.
“We don’t know anything about South China, but we will wait and see and balance between attacking and defence and we hope all the players can do their best.”
Zaenal also confirmed Joko Kuspito will deputise for the suspended Moro. |
|