|
|
樓主 |
發表於 2005-8-25 18:10:15
|
顯示全部樓層
Allardyce's Stelios worry
Sam Allardyce fears that Stelios Giannakopoulos is on his way out of Bolton.
The Greek forward is wanted by both Liverpool and Manchester City and it seems as though he could be leaving The Trotters.
Rafa Benitez confirmed on Wednesday that he was interested in adding Stelios to his European champions, and that talks had already begun between the two clubs.
Bolton were not happy at the timing of the statement, but it did not hinder Stelios' performance as he scored in Bolton's 2-0 win over Newcastle.
Despite his goal, Allardyce says that he is not confident of keeping Stelios at The Reebok Stadium, with Liverpool seemingly heading the race to sign him.
"I'm not confident at all," Allardyce told the club website. "I really think he may leave.
"It's 50-50 at best.
"But there's no actual updates as such as I didn't speak to Rafa Benitez at Anfield on Tuesday evening, even though I was there."
Bolton want around £2 million for the 31-year-old, who is in the final year of his contract with the club, and it could be that his head has been turned by interest from the European Cup holders. |
|