|
|
樓主 |
發表於 2007-6-6 21:20:12
|
顯示全部樓層
Figo rejects Tottenham option
Wednesday 6 June, 2007
Luis Figo has rubbished recent reports in England that he is pondering a move to Tottenham. "I will quit or play on for Inter," he said.
The Portuguese winger’s future is in doubt after he pulled out of a multi-million pound transfer to Middle Eastern club Al-Ittihad.
But the midfielder has dismissed stories in the UK that he was keen on joining compatriot Ricardo Rocha at White Hart Lane.
“There is no truth in this news,” Figo told the Nerazzurri website. “If I continue playing in Europe I will only do so for Inter.
“There is no possibility of me playing in England or Portugal,” added the former Real Madrid man.
Figo recently admitted that he will decide on his next move by the middle of June, but he still has doubts over whether he has the desire to give the Italian champions one more season.
“I still don’t know if I will continue playing, but I will make a decision soon,” he continued.
“I don’t have much time to think about it and I am aware that I have to decide quickly because the new season is just around the corner.
“However, I want to highlight the fact that I still haven’t made up my mind, there would be no point in hiding my decision if I had already made it.
“I will let everybody know when everything has been decided.”
The winger, a free agent, has been asked by owner Massimo Moratti to stay after the impact he made during their record-breaking Scudetto campaign last season. |
|